What is the maximum duration of a trip?
Annual medical & travel protection up to 180 days per trip. Each trip must start and end in the member’s stationed location.
Do I have to pay for any excess when making a claim?
No, you do not. Members enjoy zero excess for all benefits.
Who does the travel protection cover?
Benefit extends to the members’ spouse and dependent children. Dependent children are defined as children under the age of 23 who are full time students and unmarried. Family members are required to travel together on the same itinerary with the policy holder in order to be eligible for cover.
Apart from standard medical treatment, what other types of treatments can I seek?
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practitioner and chiropractor consultation and treatment are covered.
What emergency assistance services are provided?
- HOSPITAL ADMISSION GUARANTEE:
Guaranteed hospital admission deposit up to a limit of US$4,000. All medical expenses are to be borne by the insured person unless covered by this policy.
- EMERGENCY MEDICAL EVACUATION OR REPATRIATION:
Necessary evacuation to stationed location or nearest place for appropriate medical treatment due to serious injury.
- RETURN OF MORTAL REMAINS:
Necessary arrangement to return deceased Insured’s mortal remains to stationed location.
- RETURN OF UNATTENDED DEPENDENTS:
Necessary arrangement to return unattended children under the age of 17 or elderly dependents over the age of 75 to stationed location.
- COMPASSIONATE VISIT:
Airfare incurred by an immediate family member to travel to be with the Insured Person who is confined in a hospital abroad over 3 consecutive days due to serious injury sustained abroad or death.
- Other 24-hour Telephone Assistance & Referral services including:
- Pre-trip Information Assistance
- Telephone Medical Advice
- Embassy Referral
- Interpreter Referral
- Medical Service Provider Referral
- Arrangement of Appointment with Doctors or Specialists
- Lost luggage assistance
- Lost passport Assistance
- Legal Referral
- Monitoring of Medical Conditions during Hospitalisation
- Arrangement for Medical Expenses GuaranteeOther 24-hour Telephone Assistance & Referral Services including:
What are the general exclusions?
This policy does not cover any loss or liability of whatsoever nature directly or indirectly arising as a result of or in connection with:
- any manual work or construction site related work.
- war, invasion, acts of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, or direct participation in strike, riot or civil commotion;
- any pre-existing condition, congenital and heredity condition, suicide or intentional self-inflicted injury;
- any illegal or unlawful act by an insured person or any confiscation, detention, destruction by customs or other authorities;
- the insured person is not taking reasonable efforts to avoid injury to minimize any claim under this policy;
- riding or driving in any kind of motor racing, or engaging in a sport in a professional capacity or where the insured person would or could earn income or remuneration from engaging in such sport;
- insanity, mental disorder; or any condition resulting from venereal disease;
- any home leave while the insured person is confined to a hospital as an in-patient;
- air travel other than as a passenger on a regular scheduled airline or licensed or private chartered aircraft;
- naval, military or airforce services or operations while actively engaged in war.
- any expenses that can be compensated from any other sources except for Personal Accident, Hospital Cash Benefit, Travel Delay, Baggage Delay.
Who is the Underwriter?
Zurich is a leading multi-line insurer that serves its customers in global and local markets. With about 54,000 employees, it provides a wide range of property and casualty, and life insurance products and services in more than 210 countries and territories. Zurich’s customers include individuals, small businesses, and mid-sized and large companies, as well as multinational corporations.